Responsible for making safety a #1 priority in the day‐to‐day work routine for one’s self and others. Under limited supervision performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment; performs related work as assigned.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs vehicles and equipment to include maintaining and repairing equipment and tools.
- Orders replacement parts and cleans and lubricates parts. Requisitions new parts and equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, governing agencies and the public.
- Other duties as assigned based on business need.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Educational and experience requirements include: Two years experience in maintenance and repair of trucks and/or heavy equipment or education in diesel technology or related field or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Knowledge of safety practices and procedures. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.