Wagner-Smith Equipment’s origins go back to 1917, when The Charles M. Kelso Company was incorporated in Ohio. The company got into powerline work when, in 1919, Milton H. Wagner left his position as transmission engineer for The Dayton Power and Light Company and joined Kelso. With this move, Wagner established The Charles M. Kelso Company as an electrical contractor, specializing in powerlines.
In 1920, John E. Smith joined the company and expanded the electrical contracting operations into the commercial, industrial and institutional market. In 1928, the company name was changed to The Kelso-Wagner Company, and then in 1946, following Kelso’s death, it became The Wagner-Smith Company.
Today, Wagner-Smith Equipment designs, manufactures, sells, rents and services overhead and underground line-stringing equipment and tools for the electrical power line and communication industry.
Throughout our history, our commitment to service and customer satisfaction has never wavered, allowing us to grow to a team of experts across five locations nationwide, with manufacturing facilities at two of our locations.
We dedicate ourselves to understanding and fulfilling our customers’ needs in order to be your preferred provider for transmission and distribution projects of all sizes and scopes.