Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Promote Wagner Smith Equipment’s core values and safety culture. Plan, implement and supervise safety programs in compliance with OSHA & corporate safety program standards.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide overall leadership, professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of safety processes for all aspects including regulatory agency compliance, and employee Safety knowledge.
- Responsible for the continuous development and implementation of Safety policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations to company management and executive leadership for effective workplace safety program.
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and contacting supervisory personnel, as needed.
- Responsible to continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and
preparedness across the organization to create a culture that prioritizes effective safety engagement.
- Coordinate and document safety training of personnel as needed.
- Document all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions and activities.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, thorough and complete submission of records and reports, per established procedures, and when necessary implement appropriate corrective action.
- This position is required to drive. Must be able to travel to all six WSE locations for training, conferences or any other necessary events.